Thursday, March 19, 2009

Some sad, sad news and a tribute to my mother

My wonderful mother passed away on Friday March 9. Her funeral was on Tuesday, March 17. We didn't realize it but the date that we picked was St. Patrick's Day. She was only 76 yrs.
She kept an Irish Blessing on her refrigerator for many years and it really brought her joy.

...this photo is of some "secret" stairs in my home town that I used to take to elementary school once in a while. While I was back taking care of the funeral arrangements for my mother, I had to stop and snap a shot, revisiting some of my childhood memories.
I offered to make the memorial folders for the funeral and on the back side of the folders, I added the Irish Blessing saying in her honor, over the photo of the stairs.
My mom...she had a great sense of humor, loved children, and always found the simple things in life to be the most rewarding... I will always miss her, but am so glad that I shared so many years by her side!

2 comments:

Polly said...

Bless you. I am so sorry about your dear mother. I have lost my own and I feel your pain. I know she is lookin down at your post about her Irish Blessing with a smile. Take care. (I really like your blog...love altered art.)

Amber said...

Polly, Thank you so much for such sweet and encouraging words...it touched my heart:0)
Amber