Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Snowflakes...breathtaking designs...miracles of beauty




"Under the microscope, I found that snowflakes were miracles of beauty ; and it seemed a shame that this beauty should not be seen and appreciated by others. Every crystal was a masterpiece of design and no one design was ever repeated., When a snowflake melted, that design was forever lost. Just that much beauty was gone, without leaving any record behind" Wilson "Snowflake" Bentley 1925

Snowflakes in their unaltered style and form are little design miracles...they take my breath away. I have a feeling that they fascinated Mr. Wilson Bentley as well. Click on his name above to read more on this man who studied these amazing crystal sculptures.

Click here to visit a site where you can make your own digi-snowflakes. You can add a message and send them to someone if you wish. They get kind of addictive if you are going for perfection though! Fun for kids too...

I meant to add that the photo below is of the last few crab apples on our tree. I digitally enhanced the tint/saturation to make it more bold. Then adjusted the contrast and finally added two masks over the top. I rather like how it turned out...reminds me of the olden days somehow.

Hugs to all!!!

No comments: