Wednesday, January 21, 2009

elevating the details...

"The secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life, and in elevating them to art."- William Morris
...as I was cleaning out the last of the Christmas and bringing back in the living room decorations, the black iron chandelier and the silver mercury glass ornament crossed paths. I had already been pondering what I wanted to put on the candle cup area (had already decided I didn't want to use candles) and as chance would have it...whoolaa--- just the look I wanted!

...here's what I did...realizing that the candle cup had a nail-type holder sticking up from the center (to hold the candle) I thought that if I took off the cap on the ornament and turned the ornament upside down over the nail to hold it...oh yeah! How fun was that!!!

Don't you just LOVe-LOVe it when you come up with a creative way to use something ???!!!
OK, so I wasn't quite finished, and taking these super cool silver leaf ornaments that my SIL sent ... draped them from the bottom of the chandelier... way fun!!! Now to finish decorating......off I go!

No comments: